Accurately assessing the quality of learning achieved in the workplace is a key skill and one that cannot be left to amateurs. This Certificate teaches prospective assessors how to conduct an effective workplace-based assessment.
Level 3 Certificate in Workplace Assessment QCF
The programme has been specifically designed to support CTH Approved Teaching Centres who wish to take advantage of the option on certain CTH programmes of workplace-based assessment.
It is a mandatory requirement for all CTH Approved Teaching Centres wishing to apply workplace-based assessment that they have at least one staff member who has undertaken this course and that it is that member of staff who supervises any workplace assessment for any CTH programme.
Applicants wishing to take this qualification need to meet the following criteria. They should:
- have verifiable and relevant industry experience and knowledge of the occupational working area at or above the level being assessed. This experience and knowledge must be of sufficient depth to be effective and reliable when judging learners’ competence. This could be verified by records of continuing professional development. Assessors’ experience and knowledge could be verified by:
– curriculum vitae and references;
– possession of a relevant qualification;
– corporate membership of a relevant professional institution/body;
- have a sound and in-depth knowledge of the relevant qualification being assessed.
Applicants may recently have been working in a tourism or hospitality-related business or they may have been working as a tutor, lecturer or teacher in an educational or training establishment.