A specialist derivative of the general Level 3 Diploma programme for those students wishing to focus on savoury dishes.
For the Diploma, students must achieve all 4 mandatory units, plus 2 units from the optional group.
This course is an specialist derivative of our standard Level 3 Diploma programme that is suitable for students who wish to focus on various up to date food preparation techniques and other essential industry knowledge such as the principles of food safety supervision.
The hospitality and catering industry is dynamic and rewarding, with a variety of jobs on offer. This focused course is for people aiming to develop the skills needed to work as a professional chef across a range of kitchen departments, from pastry to sauces, and learn about supervisory techniques needed to run a commercial kitchen.
Whilst the course incorporates the necessary theory required, it is designed to maximise the amount of practical training and hands-on practice in the kitchen.
On completion of this qualification, students may progress onto the Level 4 CTH Diploma in Culinary Arts or into employment.
- Techniques and skills in preparation, cooking and finishing vegetables, sauces, and soups
- Techniques and skills in preparation, cooking and finishing poultry, meat, and game
- Techniques and skills in preparation, cooking and finishing fish and shellfish
- Food safety practices in the preparation, service, and storage of food
This Diploma carries (45 credits) and is assessed by a practical examination and assignments.
- Kitchen organisation
- High-volume food production
- Food product development
- Techniques and skills in producing fermented dough products
- Nutrition and producing healthier dishes
- Producing farinaceous goods
- Vegetarian cookery
- Ethnic cookery
- International cookery