Level 3 Certificate in Workplace Assessment is now Open for Enrolments
31st October 2013
CTH is pleased to inform that CTH’s Level 3 Certificate in Workplace Assessment qualification is now open for registration for lecturers and trainers internationally.
Who is this qualification for?
- Lecturers and trainers at CTH accredited study centres internationally that are planning to offer "workplace assessments" as a part of your CTH qualifications;
- Supervisors and managers at hotels, restaurants and travel agencies, as a formal tool to develop employee training competencies via observation and develop on-job training programmes;
- Further, this qualification is also suitable for freelance hospitality and tourism consultants, to enhance their skills and knowledge of staff observations and to identify training needs;
The qualificationThis vocational qualification currently sits within the national Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF – 600/7088/2). The qualification is designed as follows: Level 3: 15 credits The qualification conforms with the relevant level descriptor as developed by Ofqual. The QCF states that one credit represents ten hours of study at any specified level. Therefore, this Diploma normally requires a programme of study that has been designed to include a minimum of the following learning hours: Level 3: 150 learning hours of which 62 are Guided Learning Hours (GLH). This figure includes but is not limited to formal classes, self-study, revision and assessment. However, students completing this qualification should also be able to demonstrate their ability as independent learners. Therefore, students should expect that normally, no more than 30% of the total learning hours would be spent in classroom based learning (e.g. lectures and seminars).
What do I have to do to gain the qualification?In order to gain the qualification, candidates are require to complete three assessments in the following areas:
- Plan and prepare specific learning and development opportunities
- Assess occupational competence in the work environment
- Principles of assessment in lifelong learning
- Workplace assessment training manual
- Qualifications handbook
- Assessment handbook
|Workplace Assessor Assessment||20%|
|Assessor work book||20%|