VA-2: Level 3 Award in VA Fares and Ticketing
This Virgin Atlantic-2 (VA-2) Level 3 Award is a more advanced industry-standard training course in manual Fares & Ticketing.
The Virgin Atlantic/GTMC Fares & Ticketing Courses have been developed by some of the travel industry's top course writers. The result is a fresh contemporary approach and a thoroughness for which Virgin is famous. The objective is to provide training programmes leading to valuable qualifications that demonstrate professional competence on the part of the holder.
These are qualifications that not only improve the promotion and employment prospects of the student, but also help build the staff skills-base that will ensure the long term continued expansion of the wider tourism and travel sectors.
Launched in 2003, the courses set the standard in manual Fares and Ticketing training for people who want to enhance their travel industry skills or join the travel industry. Centres can run any of the flight booking courses below.
VA-2 has been designed to give you a thorough understanding of fare construction principles, building on your VA-1 knowledge with step by step stages of new principles of fare construction, which enables you to calculate and recognise more complex fares.
Virgin Atlantic Train the Trainer
Centres are required to have suitably qualified and experienced trainers to teach on CTH programmes. CTH offers appropriate training for the Virgin Atlantic Fares and Ticketing programmes on request.
The duration of the course required will be assessed on each trainer's previous experience. Please contact Career Skills Programmes for further details at [email protected]
On completion of this module, students will be able to:
- Construct fares for multi-sector journeys, applying the mileage system, higher intermediate points and minimum fare checks.
- Apply add-ons to construct unpublished fares.
- Identify differing fare types and their characteristics.
- Calculate fares for journeys with surface sectors.
- Calculate fares for journeys involving side trips.
- Assess fares for journeys involving different classes of service.
- Construct special fares for multi-sector journeys with and without surface sectors.
- Complete automated and manual fare calculation areas in detail.
- Centres can administer the exams at any time.
- Exam results are issued within three weeks of CTH receiving the exam.
- Centres can receive guidance and support from an experienced Fares and Ticketing trainer and Train the Trainer if needed at a cost.
- Each teaching centre is provided with a separate trainer's support pack with additional student exercises.
- Successful students are issued with a CTH certificate.
CTH Level 3 Award in VA Fares and Ticketing (QAN: 601/4451/8)
|Students must achieve:
|Credit Value (CV): 5|
|Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for Qualification: 40||Total Qualification Time (TQT) for Qualification: 50|
|Unit Code||Unit Title||L||CV||GLH||TQT||URN||Assessment Method|
|VA3||VA Fares and Ticketing||3||5||40||50||T/506/7018||Open book written examination|
|Award Total (1 unit)||5||40||50|