The Virgin Atlantic/GTMC Fares & Ticketing Courses have been developed by some of the travel industry’s top course writers. The result is a fresh contemporary approach and a thoroughness for which Virgin is famous. The objective is to provide training programmes leading to valuable qualifications that demonstrate professional competence on the part of the holder.
There are qualifications that not only improve the promotion and employment prospects of the student, but also help build the staff skills-base that will ensure the long term continued expansion of the wider tourism and travel sectors.
Launched in 2003, the Virgin Atlantic / GTMC Fares and Ticketing Level 1 and Level 2 programmes set the standard in manual Fares and Ticketing training for people who want to enhance their travel industry skills or join the travel industry. Centres can run any of the flight booking courses below.
VA-1 Fares and Ticketing Level 1
Level 1 introduces you to the world of the travel industry. By using extracts from selected industry publication, students will be taught how to price and document various itineraries, according to the customer’s requirements.
VA-2 Fares and Ticketing Level 2
This has been designed to give you a thorough understanding of fare construction principles, building on the Level 1 knowledge with step by step stages of new principles of fare construction, which enables you to calculate and recognise more complex fares.
Virgin Atlantic Train the Trainer
Centres are required to have suitably qualified and experienced trainers to teach on CTH programmes. CTH offers appropriate training for the Virgin Atlantic Fares and Ticketing programmes on request.
The duration of the course required will be assessed on each trainer’s previous experience. Please contact Professional Skills Programmes for further details at email@example.com
- Centres can administer the exams at any time.
- Exam results are issued within three weeks of CTH receiving the exam.
- Centres can receive guidance and support from an experienced Fares and Ticketing trainer and Train the Trainer if needed at a cost.
- Each teaching centre is provided with a separate trainer’s support pack with additional student exercises.
- Successful students are issued with a Virgin Atlantic/GTMC certificate.
- Centres receive a CD-Rom with Virgin Atlantic/GTMC Fares and Ticketing images, logos and promotional guidelines.