A career as a professional chef is challenging but also immensely rewarding. Professional cookery, as many celebrity chefs have shown, is a highly creative activity and one that demands dedication, imagination and flair.
Ranging from entry-level programmes to advanced and from short Awards to extensive Diplomas, the CTH Culinary Programmes offer a range of qualification sizes and levels to suit all learning needs.
CTH Culinary Programmes are designed to deliver qualifications that both enhance job performance and develop career prospects. To achieve this our syllabi are carefully developed in partnership with professional chefs and renowned culinary academies. This included, for example, working with Gordon Ramsay and Tante Marie when it came to developing our prestigious Level 4 Diploma in Culinary Arts.
The Level 2 qualifications are foundation level and therefore introduce candidates to a range of food preparation and cooking techniques to provide the basis for a culinary career. Further up, the level goes from intermediate to the advanced Level 4 Diploma in Culinary Arts; this level will prepare students to work in professional kitchen.
Without doubt, the CTH ‘gold-standard for qualifications’ delivers on every level. They have a reputation for qualifications that help us place students to work in some of the very best and well-recognised establishments around the world.
Darrin Hosegrove, Ashburton Cookery School
Level 2 - Foundation
- Level 2 Award in Cookery Skills
- Level 2 Award in Vegetarian Cookery Skills
- Level 2 Award in Healthier Cooking & Eating
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety and Hygiene
- CTH (IoH) Level 2 Specialist Award for Chefs in Health & Social Care
- Level 2 Certificate in Culinary Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Culinary Skills - Islamic Regions (Halal)
- Level 2 Diploma in Culinary Skills
- Level 2 Diploma in Patisserie and Confectionery Skills