CTH Level 3 Certificate in Management & Leadership for Business & Hospitality
The Diploma in Management & Leadership for Business and Hospitality will particularly appeal to those who have not had the opportunity to gain a formally recognised management qualification and provides a solid foundation for progressively developing management skills and enhancing the job performance of supervisors and managers.
The qualification is designed so as to be accessible to all hospitality supervisors and managers through the provision of short and focused units requiring between 6 and 12 GLH (guided learning hours) to complete.
The key aims are to provide a qualification that enables the participant to:
- Improve operational efficiency and team performance
- Deliver effective leadership of their respective team/department
- Better understand cost management and develop the ability to take advantage of opportunities to grow revenue
- Become an effective contributor to a high performing management team
- Develop a structured path to career progression and promotion
Please note: These qualifications are not currently regulated by Ofqual, however this is subject to change so please enquire for further details.
Qualification size & structure
The qualification is made up of five compulsory units and one elective. All units of this diploma programme can be individually completed and certificated. The complete Diploma in Management & Leadership for Business and Hospitality is awarded upon completion of six units (five compulsory units and one elective). Each Unit requires the completion of between 6 and 12 guided learning hours. The overall qualification is designed to be delivered in a minimum of 42 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) and will also require a further 30 hours of preparation, study and assessment time. It is recommended that one or two units are undertaken each month, and consequently the qualification can be completed in 3 to 6 months?
- Unlocking your Leadership Potential to Drive Business Performance
- Using Strategy Execution Methods to Effectively Deliver your Business Goals
- Developing a Customer Service Culture to Create Competitive Advantage & Business Growth
- Interpreting Key Financial Statements to Improve your Bottom Line
- Understanding the Importance of Marketing to build Customer Loyalty
- Building High Performing Teams through Effective Performance Management
- Improving your Management Systems to Enhance Operational Efficiency and Regulatory Compliance
- Natural Disaster Risk Assessment for the Hospitality Industry
Access & entry requirements
This is an open access qualification with registration at the discretion of the Approved Teaching Centre for learners they consider able to successfully complete the qualification.
Minimum age is 18 at registration.
The qualification is taught and assessed in English and so a good grasp of the language is required.
Level 3 Certificate in Management & Leadership for Business & Hospitality
|Students must achieve: 5 mandatory units and one optional unit, all at level 3|
|Credit Value (CV): 13 (or 14)||QAN: TBC|
|Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for Qualification: 42 (or 49)||Total Qualification Time (TQT) for Qualification: 132 (or 139)|
|UK Funding Eligibility: TBC|
|Unit Code||Unit Title||L||CV||GLH||URN||Assessment Method|
|3LP||Unlocking your leadership potential to drive business performance||3||2||7||TBC||Work-based assignment|
|3SEM||Using strategy execution methods to effectively deliver your business goals||3||2||7||TBC||Work-based assignment|
|3CS||Developing a customer service culture to create competitive advantage & business growth||3||2||7||TBC||Work-based assignment|
|3FS||Interpreting key financial statements to improve your bottom line||3||2||7||TBC||Work-based assignment|
|3MCL||Understanding the importance of marketing to build customer loyalty||3||2||7||TBC||Work-based assignment|
|Optional Units (choose 1 from 4)|
|3HPT||Building high performing teams through effective performance management||3||3||7||TBC||Work-based assignment|
|3MS||Improving your management systems to enhance operational efficiency & regulatory compliance/td>||3||3||7||TBC||Work-based assignment|
|3ND||Natural disaster risk assessment for the hospitality industry||3||4||14||TBC||Work-based assignment|
|3TTT||Train the trainer - Delivering effective staff training||3||4||14||TBC||Work-based assignment|
|Certificate Total (5 mandatory plus 1 optional unit)||12 (14)||42 (49)|