Certificate in Hospitality Practice
A Certificate level programme designed to provide students with the essential skills for their first job in the hospitality sector.
This qualification is primarily designed to be studied in parallel with one of our Management Diploma programmes at either Level 3 or Level 4, but it is also a valuable skills course in its own right.
It has been developed specifically to provide students new to hospitality sector with a range of essential skills they are likely to need to perform successfully in their first career role in the sector. Training is entirely practical and delivered in real or suitably simulated work environments. These are the customer-facing roles that are the bedrock of good hospitality service. To perform well in such roles students need to have learned the vital importance of good customer service and as a result the programme also includes a hugely valuable module in Customer Service Skills.
Please note: This qualification is not currently regulated by Ofqual. However, this is subject to change, so please enquire for further details
- Customer Service Skills – The foundation of any customer-facing role, these skills will serve you well throughout your career however high you rise
- Restaurant & Bar Service – Basic table waiting and essential beverage preparation skills
- Housekeeping – How to prepare a guest room and clean public areas to a professional standard
- Reception & Reservations – Front office, bookings, check-in, customer handling and check-out procedure
- Concierge & Guest Services – Baggage, taxis and guest assistance
CTH Certificate Hospitality Practice
For a CTH Hospitality Practice Certificate qualification, students must achieve:
|Credit Value (CV): 15|
|Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for Qualification: 125||Total Qualification Time (TQT) for Qualification: 150|
|Unit Code||Unit Title||CV||GLH||TQT||URN||Assessment Method|
|CSS||Customer service skills||3||25||30||tbc||A Portfolio of evidence of activities for each unit, and a practical assessment for each unit.|
|RBS||Restaurant and bar service||3||25||30||tbc|
|REC||Reception and reservations||3||25||30||tbc|
|CGS||Concierge and guest service||3||25||30||tbc|
|CTH Certificate Total (5 units)||15||125||150|